Saturday, December 14, 2013

Prayers

This sweet amazing little boy has a hold of my heart! I am so much in love with him. He does and says new things each day that make me smile and laugh. I can not tell you how grateful I am to have his sweet spirit in my life. I have been praying that as his Mom I will be able to teach him the correct principles of the gospel and that he will be able to learn the things of the world as well. (Math, Science, English etc.) There are some days I wonder if I am getting through to him at all, but in the end I know that he hears me and understands me by the way he acts and the things he knows.
 
As we went down for bed tonight and started our nightly routine it seemed like it was just another night. We got his blankies, and teddy, and I started singing the family song , by request (Family's can be together Forever) I started to say prayers just like any other night and tonight he started saying it with me. Sometimes he will say Heavenly Father, but has never said the entire prayer with me. He even beat me to Amen. I was amazed at how much he knew and understood. I wanted to cry, clap and shout for joy all at the same time. It makes me so happy to know that I am doing something right as a Mom. All I want is for him to be happy and healthy.
 
Now my next step is to continue his learning and knowledge in the gospel so he will have that knowledge when he enters school, and has set friends and any other situations. I am sure it won't be long before he is 8 and will be able to make the decision if he would like to be baptized, and even the decision about the priesthood and his mission. It has almost been 2 years since Crew has been born and the time has just flown by! I can't even imagine or think about him leaving and going on a mission!! I cried the other day when we sang I hope they call me on a mission in sharing time (how sad am I?)


No comments: